Biodextris is a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization providing services to the biologics industry. Biodextris is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific expertise. Our laboratory facilities are located at in Laval, QC, Canada.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to be part of our Bioprocessing team focused on defining and executing process design and optimization projects for our preclinical and early-clinical phase biotechnology assets. In this role, you will work on various aspects of the purification and characterization of microbial and fungal biomolecules intended for several therapeutic and prophylactic indications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Independent co-ordination and execution of project work.
- Support and execution of process development experiments, including:
- Tangential Flow Filtration.
- Solvent Extraction.
- In-process analytical testing.
- Physicochemical methods: Spectroscopy, Electrophoresis (Gel/Microfluidic), HPLC, MS.
- Biophysical methods: SEC-MALS, SEC-FLUO/UV, DLS, SLS
- Immunological methods: Western Blot, ELISA
- Support of pilot production lots
- Generate, analyzes, and tabulate data and results;
- Prepare study reports and technical presentations;
- Documentation and electronic data recording in adherence with Biodextris’ Quality Management System (QMS) and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. GLP, GMP).
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of all work in appropriate formats.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to company safety procedures and guidelines
- Diplôme d’Études Collégiales (DEC) or equivalent in Bioprocessing Related Field with 5+ years relevant experience, or
- B.Sc/M.Sc or equivalent in Bioprocessing Related Field with 3+ years relevant experience.
The candidate for this position is expected to have the following:
- Experience in microbial/fungal cultivation and fermentation.
- Experience in protein and carbohydrate extraction techniques.
- Experience with large-molecule purification technologies; chromatography, filtration, etc.
- Knowledge of standard office software, i.e., MS Office.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- High level of initiative and adaptable to change
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
Start Date: Immediate
Application: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: Immediate.