Biodextris is a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization providing services to the biologics industry. Biodextris is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific expertise. Our laboratory facilities are located at in Laval, QC, Canada.
Biodextris is currently seeking an Industrial Post-Doctoral Scientist to take a lead role in the development of preclinical and early-clinical phase biotechnology assets.
This is a wide-ranging position and the incumbent will be responsible for the independent planning and execution of process development activities, analytical method development, product characterization and stability testing. The incumbent will also share responsibilities for preclinical material production and early-phase clinical manufacturing. The assets under development include microbial and fungal derivatives intended for several therapeutic and prophylactic indications.
Specific tasks include;
- Independent co-ordination and execution of project work.
- Independent design and execution of process development experiments, including:
- Upstream Microbial/Fungal fermentation methods.
- Downstream solvent extractions and purification methods.
- Downstream fractionation and purification methods; Chromatography, Tangential Flow Filtration.
- Product formulation for various delivery route(s); liquid, lyophilisation, spray-drying.
- In-process analytical testing.
- Independent design and execution of analytical development experiments and product characterization and stability testing, for example:
- Physicochemical methods: Spectroscopy, Electrophoresis (Gel/Microfluidic), HPLC, MS.
- Biophysical methods: SEC-MALS, SEC-FLUO/UV, DLS, SLS
- Immunological methods: Western Blot, ELISA
- Coordination of in-vitro/in-vivo pre-clinical testing with internal and external collaborators for evaluation of product safety, efficacy and relevant immunological responses.
- Coordination of scientific staff and project resources.
- Manage and schedule out-sourcing activities.
- Track project progress and produce regular project reports.
- Communication with internal and external project stakeholders.
The candidate for this position is expected to have the following expertise:
- Ph.D. in a Bioprocessing related filed; Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Microbiology.
- 0-2 years’ industrial experience.
- Theoretical knowledge and demonstrated experience in microbial/fungal cultivation and fermentation.
- Theoretical knowledge and demonstrated experience in protein and carbohydrate extraction techniques.
- Theoretical knowledge and demonstrated experience with large-molecule purification technologies; chromatography, filtration, etc.
- Interest in acquiring expertise in the drug/biologic development cycle, regulatory pathway and relevant compliance standards for biotechnology products, vaccines or biopharmaceuticals.
- Ability to co-ordinate, and manage the activities of multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- High level of initiative and adaptable to change
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
In addition to the project specific responsibilities, the incumbent will have opportunities to support, contribute or lead other internal or client projects as part of our Process Services group.
Application: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: Immediate.