The Laboratory Technician is part of our Bioprocessing team and provides support functions to enable process design and optimization for development, preclinical and early-clinical phase programs.
Specific tasks include:
- Provision of technical supporting functions for a variety of activities, including:
- Buffer, Media and Material Preparation
- Equipment Cleaning, Sanitization and Depyrogenation
- Upstream Microbial fermentation and/or Mammalian cell culture
- Downstream fractionation and purification methods; Chromatography, Tangential Flow Filtration, solvent extractions.
- Product formulation for various delivery route(s); liquid, lyophilisation, spray-drying.
- In-process analytical testing.
- Support and execution of in-process analytical characterisation, including:
- Physicochemical methods: Spectroscopy, Electrophoresis (Gel/Microfluidic), HPLC, MS.
- Biophysical methods: Co-oximetry, DLS/SLS, Endotoxin by LAL, Phospholipid Analysis
- Immunological methods: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA
- Support of lab-scale and pilot-scale production lots.
- Generate, analyze, and tabulate data and results;
- Communication with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Documentation and electronic data recording in adherence with Biodextris’ Quality Management System (QMS) and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. GLP, GMP).
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of all work in appropriate formats.
- Practice safe work habits and adheres to company safety procedures and guidelines
Education and Experience:
Theoretical and practical scientific knowledge and expertise/experience typical of:
- Diplôme d’Études Collégiales (DEC) or equivalent in a Bioprocessing related filed; Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Microbiology or equivalent with 2+ years relevant experience
- B.Sc/M.Sc or equivalent in Bioprocessing related field; Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Microbiology or equivalent with 0+ years relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with large-molecule purification technologies; chromatography, filtration, etc
- Experience in large-molecule analytical methods.
- Ability to adapt to working under cGMP requirements, ICH guidelines, USP requirements, FDA and EC guidance.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Knowledge of standard office software, i.e., MS Office.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Proven analytical problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
WE WILL BE PREFERENTIALLY SELECTING QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA AND THOSE AVAILABLE TO START SOONER.