This Quality Control Associate Scientist position is responsible for performing immunological and physicochemical analyses following established Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines.
This position will have a 6 month probationary period.
- Perform analytical testing for product development, material/product release, validation and stability protocols.
- Perform raw material acceptance and documentation activities.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to optimize laboratory efficiency.
- Directly notify senior staff of product defects, protocol deviations and other major issues.
- Adhere to GMP laboratory dress code requirements.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete SOP training for new and revised procedures prior to activity performance.
- Adhere to established security policies.
- Maintain Good Documentation Practices when completing laboratory notebooks, solution logbooks, data recording forms, training records and all other GMP documents.
- Ensure the integrity and traceability of data generated.
- Report any out-of-specification (OOS), out-of-trend (OOT) or irregularities immediately to the Supervisor and participate in laboratory investigations, as required.
- Write and review technical reports.
- Prepare and present data summaries.
- Perform QC instrument verification as needed.
- Maintain personal training file and assist in training of other technical staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Education skills and abilities
- Minimum Education: BSc in life sciences
- Experience in vaccines is a plus
- Direct experience in the following:
- ELISA, cell-based assays, and other immunological assays.
- HPLC assays, and other physicochemical assays.
- Following GMP guidelines
- Performing method qualification protocols.
- Following Standard Operating Procedure
- GMP Documentation
- Preparing and presenting data summaries
- Writing and reviewing technical reports
- Sample handing and documentation procedures
- Prior work within a technical team.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and perform routine maintenance as required.
AS THESE POSTED POSITIONS ARE FOR URGENT PROJECTS, WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING THOSE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA AND WITH PREFERENCE TO LOCAL CANDIDATES.